We are once again opening up consignment intake in the store. Consignment intake is now open Monday through Friday from 12-6pm – and you no longer need to make an appointment. Please follow all regular rules for consignment items, and please check the list below to make sure the items you are bringing in for consignment fall under those categories of items we are currently accepting. We also ask that you do your best to please limit your items to 15 items for walk-in consignment intake.
Updated Consignment Intake Days:
Monday – Friday: 12pm-6pm*
*No appointment necessary.
The Wilderness Exchange Unlimited serves as Denver's premier consignment venue for our customers to sell or trade-in outdoor gear they no longer need or want. We offer store credit or consignment terms for quality used outdoor equipment. We encourage you to check this page frequently, as we regularly update the list of items that we are looking for, as well as indicate which items and categories we are no longer accepting.
Please note, the buying and selling of used gear is limited to in-store only!
Consignment Item Requirements:
Gear must be high quality, operable, and in good repair. All apparel MUST be laundered before consigning - WEU will not accept dirty or smelly consignment items. Repaired items that still have life left in them are also consignment worthy. Items with rips, tears, holes or stains are not eligible to consign or trade. A good way to get a feel of what we take in for consignment is to make a trip to the shop and check out the store! We prefer brands typically sold in our store, as well as other popular brands that are favored by outdoor enthusiasts, but are not opposed to taking in brands we have never seen. All gear, regardless of brand must be of an outdoor technical nature and must be able to withstand the elements. Name brand clothing such as Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, GAP, Banana Republic, Mosimo, etc. are not consigned at Wilderness Exchange.
We consider condition, desirability, our inventory position, and current retail price when determining the value of an item. Typically we suggest pricing an item at half its retail value. We will make an appraisal of current market value, and give you an honest and open assessment of what we think the value of the item is.
Store credit is offered at half of current market value and has a lower appraisal than if the item were consigned. However, if you are looking to upgrade your kit, store credit may be a better option since it can be used on the spot. The full amount of store credit must be used at the time it is given for an item, (i.e. if you receive $40 in store credit, you must spend at least $40 total.) Any item that is consignment worthy is also eligible for store credit, however, we are a little more selective when appraising items for store credit.
Wilderness Exchange DOES NOT offer cash for used items. The only options for used gear are consignment or store credit.
NEW Consignment Process (updated 9/28/20):
We will be opening up more consignment intake starting Monday, September 28th, 2020 - here's what you need to know:
- You no longer need to make an appointment for consignment intake.
- Consignment intake hours are Monday through Friday, 12pm - 6pm.
- We ask that you try to limit to 15 items for walk-in consignment intake.
- Please bring a list of suggested pricing to help speed up the process.
- Please check the list below of categories we are and are not accepting for consignment to make sure your items fall into the categories we are accepting.
- As per our store rules, you MUST wear a face covering when visiting our retail store.
We work with you to find an agreeable selling price, and you receive 60% of that value when your item sells. The consignment period lasts for eight (8) weeks, as per the individually signed consignment agreement form. You will be contacted regarding any items that remain unsold after eight (8) weeks and the items will be removed for pick-up. We will e-mail you to come pick up your items. Items that have not been picked up after three (3) weeks will be donated to a local non-profit.
We reserve the right to not accept used equipment for purchase or consignment at any time. We cannot guarantee that we will accept any or all of your items, but will do the best we can to serve your needs! Consignment clothing and sleeping bags must be laundered before we will accept them. We cannot accept dirty items. Any ski equipment must be backcountry oriented and of an A/T or Telemark style (Telemark bindings must have a tour mode). No inbounds/resort oriented downhill ski boots/bindings will be accepted!
Consignee will agree to leave the item(s) on consignment for eight (8) weeks.
If the item(s) sell, the consignee has 2 options for payment:
A check will be cut and mailed the first week of every month. Consignee will receive 60% of the sale price of the item(s), less a 50 cent mailing fee.
Store Credit pays an additional 10% above the check payout value and may be used before the check is mailed. Checks may also be brought back to the store and used for store credit at any time.
For account status updates, please check the “Consignor Access” portal online. http://wildernessx.consignoraccess.com
Any item(s) found to be materially defective and/or unsellable will be removed at the discretion of WildyX, marked as damaged, and returned to the consignee.
- If item(s) have not sold after eight (8) weeks, or item(s) are deemed unsellable, WildyX will contact the consignee one (1) time via email. The consignee will then have three (3) weeks to pick up their item(s). After the three (3) weeks the item(s) will be donated.
Please note that we DO NOT consign any of the following items:
- Carabiners and Quickdraws
- Climbing gear made of nylon or webbing such as ropes and harnesses
- Alpine/downhill/non-touring capable boots and skis.
- Snowboards and snowboard boots (split board specific OK).
You must bring in your drivers license or any other form of government issued identification.
We are unable to consign or trade in your items without government issued identification information.
We ARE ACCEPTING consignment items from the following categories:
- Modern Backcountry Skis with modern A/T Bindings
- Modern Backcountry Telemark Skis with modern Telemark Bindings w/tour mode
- Modern Splitboards (NO do-it-yourself cut in half boards!)
- Modern AT Boots with tech fittings
- Modern AT Bindings
- Modern Splitboard Bindings
- Men's Fall and Winter Outdoor Apparel** (Ski Apparel, Insulation, Hardshell Jackets and Pants)
- Women's Fall and Winter Outdoor Apparel** (Ski Apparel, Insulation, Hardshell Jackets and Pants)
- Avalanche Safety Gear (Beacons*, shovels, probes, and airbag packs*)
- Ski Packs
- Sleeping Bags (<=10 degrees)
- Technical Climbing and Mountaineering Packs
- Climbing Shoes
- Climbing Gear (No nylon or carabiners)
- Waterproof Backpacking and Hiking Boots
- Insulated Snow Boots
- Footwear Traction Devices
- Ice Climbing Gear
- Mountaineering Boots
- 4-season Tents
*Beacons must have batteries to test functionality and airbag packs must have a cartridge to test the airbag.
**ALL apparel MUST be laundered before consigning. WEU will not accept dirty or smelly items for consignment.
We ARE NOT ACCEPTING consignment items from the following categories:
- Summer Apparel (Shorts and Short Sleeved Shirts)
- Any Summer or Winter Lifestyle Apparel
- Sleeping Bags (>=15 degrees)
- Bikes and Bike Gear
- Trekking Poles
- Backpacking Packs
- Backpacking Tents
- Backpacking Stoves
- Sleeping Pads
- Camping Accessories
- Non-waterproof footwear
You can reach the store at (303)964-0708 or the consignment manager at [email protected] with any questions before coming in. We highly recommend calling if you are uncertain that your item qualifies for consignment or if you are making a special trip down to Denver. We cannot give appraisals over the phone or guarantee we will take an item.
Examples of brands we do not take for consignment includes, but is not limited to:
32 Degrees WP, Abercrombie & Fitch, Adidas, Adventure Forever, Aeropostale, Apt. 9, Arizona, Asics, Athleta, Avalanche, Bass, BCG, Billabong, C9, Calvin Klein, CB Sports, Clarks, Champion, Coleman, Danskin, Dickies, Dockers, Eddie Bauer (First Ascent is OK), Empyre, Fabletics, Fila, Free Country, Free People, Gap, Gerry, Hurley, Izod, Jansport, J. Crew, Kirkland, Land's End, Levi's, L.L. Bean, Mossimo, New Balance, Nike, OshKosh, Ozark Trail, Reebok, Roxy, Skechers, Snozu, Sonoma, Starter, St. John's Bay, Tek Gear, Timberland, Tommy Bahama, Uniqlo, Union Bay, Urban Pipeline, Volcom, White Sierra, Wilson, Wrangler.
Thank you for choosing to consign with The Wilderness Exchange!