The Wilderness Exchange Unlimited serves as Denver's premier consignment venue for our customers to sell or trade-in outdoor gear they no longer need or want. We offer store credit or consignment terms for quality used outdoor equipment. We encourage you to check this page frequently, as we regularly update the list of items that we are looking for, as well as indicate which items and categories we are no longer accepting.
Please note, the buying and selling of used gear is limited to in-store only!
Consignment Item Requirements:
Gear must be high quality, operable, and in good repair. Repaired items that still have life left in them are also consignment worthy. Items with rips, tears, holes or stains are not eligible to consign or trade. A good way to get a feel of what we take in for consignment is to make a trip to the shop and check out the store! We prefer brands typically sold in our store, as well as other popular brands that are favored by outdoor enthusiasts, but are not opposed to taking in brands we have never seen. All gear, regardless of brand must be of an outdoor technical nature and must be able to withstand the elements. Name brand clothing such as Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, GAP, Banana Republic, Mosimo, etc. are not consigned at Wilderness Exchange.
We consider condition, desirability, our inventory position, and current retail price when determining the value of an item. Typically we suggest pricing an item at half its retail value. We will make an appraisal of current market value, and give you an honest and open assessment of what we think the value of the item is.
Store credit is offered at half of current market value and has a lower appraisal than if the item were consigned. However, if you are looking to upgrade your kit, store credit may be a better option since it can be used on the spot. The full amount of store credit must be used at the time it is given for an item, (i.e. if you receive $40 in store credit, you must spend at least $40 total.) Any item that is consignment worthy is also eligible for store credit.
We work with you to find an agreeable selling price, and you receive 60% of that value when your item sells. The consignment period lasts for eight (8) weeks, as per the individually signed consignment agreement form. You will be contacted regarding any items that remain unsold after eight (8) weeks and the items will be removed for pick-up. We will e-mail you to come pick up your items. Items that have not been picked up after three (3) weeks will be donated to a local non-profit.
We reserve the right to not accept used equipment for purchase or consignment at any time. We cannot guarantee that we will accept any or all of your items, but will do the best we can to serve your needs! If you have a large amount (20 or more) of items for consignment we ask that you please come prepared with a list of items and suggested prices. Please call us in advance if you are making a special trip to the city to consign gear with us. Consignment clothing and sleeping bags must be laundered before we will accept them. We cannot accept dirty items. Any ski equipment must be backcountry oriented and of an A/T or Telemark style (Telemark bindings must have a tour mode). No inbounds/resort oriented downhill ski boots/bindings will be accepted!
Consignee will agree to leave the item(s) on consignment for eight (8) weeks.
If the item(s) sell, the consignee has 2 options for payment:
A check will be cut and mailed the first week of every month. Consignee will receive 60% of the sale price of the item(s), less a 50 cent mailing fee.
Store Credit pays an additional 10% above the check payout value and may be used before the check is mailed. Checks may also be brought back to the store and used for store credit at any time.
For account status updates, please check the “Consignor Access” portal online. http://wildernessx.consignoraccess.com
Any item(s) found to be materially defective and/or unsellable will be removed at the discretion of WildyX, marked as damaged, and returned to the consignee.
- If item(s) have not sold after eight (8) weeks, or item(s) are deemed unsellable, WildyX will contact the consignee one (1) time via email. The consignee will then have three (3) weeks to pick up their item(s). After the three (3) weeks the item(s) will be donated.
Please note that we DO NOT consign any of the following items:
- Carabiners and Quickdraws
- Climbing gear made of nylon or webbing such as ropes and harnesses
- Alpine/downhill/non-touring capable boots and skis.
- Snowboards and snowboard boots (split board specific OK).
You must bring in your drivers license or any other form of government issued identification.
We are unable to consign or trade in your items without government issued identification information.
We are currently taking the following items from outdoor name brands:
- Snow Jackets
- Snow Pants
- Ski Accessories (Goggles, Gloves, Helmets, etc.)
- Avy Packs
- Avalanche Beacons (Must be working, with batteries. Will be tested on site)
- Down Jackets
- Telemark Skis/Bindings (Modern, within the last 5 years)
- Telemark Boots - (Modern, within the last 5 years)
- Alpine Touring Skis/Bindings (Modern, within the last 5 years)
- Alpine Skis and Bindings - Must have AT sole compatibility (Modern, within the last 5 years)
- Ski Boots - Must have tech binding compatibility and walk mode
- Nordic Gear - No Skate Skis
- Splitboarding Boards and Bindings
- Splitboarding Boots - Must have crampon welts
- Ski/Climbing/Mountaineering Technical Packs
- Crampons/Ice Axes/Ice Tools
- Winter Accessories - Hats/Gloves/Neck Gaiters/Goggles
- Winter Boots
- Waterproof Hiking Boots
- Technical Fleece - Windstopper, Polartec, etc
- Climbing Shoes and Gear
- Cold Weather Sleeping bags
- Tents and Bivies - 4 Season Only
- Limited Daypacks/Backpacks
- Limited Fall Apparel - No Fleece/Cotton/Short Sleeves or Shorts
- Baselayers - Tops and bottoms
- Winter Lifestyle Apparel
Categories and items we are not currently taking
- Summer Camping Accessories (stoves, sleeping pads, etc.)
- Non -Waterproof Hiking Shoes
- Non-Waterproof Boots
- Summer Apparel
- Rain Pants and Jackets
- Non-Technical Fleece
- Lifestyle/commuter bags
- Multi-Day Packs (Modern, within the last 5 years)
- Modern-Backpacking Packs
- Skate ski equipment
You can reach the store at (303)964-0708 or the consignment manager at [email protected] with any questions before coming in. We highly recommend calling if you are uncertain that your item qualifies for consignment or if you are making a special trip down to Denver. We cannot give appraisals over the phone or guarantee we will take an item.
Examples of brands we do not take for consignment includes, but is not limited to:
32 Degrees WP, Abercrombie & Fitch, Adidas, Adventure Forever, Aeropostale, Apt. 9, Arizona, Asics, Athleta, Avalanche, Bass, BCG, Billabong, C9, Calvin Klein, CB Sports, Clarks, Champion, Coleman, Danskin, Dickies, Dockers, Eddie Bauer (First Ascent is OK), Empyre, Fabletics, Fila, Free Country, Free People, Gap, Gerry, Hurley, Izod, Jansport, J. Crew, Kirkland, Land's End, Levi's, L.L. Bean, Mossimo, New Balance, Nike, OshKosh, Ozark Trail, Reebok, Roxy, Skechers, Snozu, Sonoma, Starter, St. John's Bay, Tek Gear, Timberland, Tommy Bahama, Uniqlo, Union Bay, Urban Pipeline, Volcom, White Sierra, Wilson, Wrangler.
Thank you for choosing to consign with The Wilderness Exchange!