Please check the list below for categories we are currently accepting.
For 22 years Wilderness Exchange Unlimited has served as Denver's premier consignment venue for you to sell or consign outdoor gear you no longer have a need for. We encourage you to check this page frequently, as we regularly update the list of items that we are looking for.
Please note, the buying and selling of used gear is limited to in-store only. Now, let's get down to business!
- WEU accepts high quality gear, both operable and in good repair.
- All apparel MUST be laundered before consigning - WEU will not accept dirty, smelly, or generally funky items.
- Does it have rips, tears, holes, or stains? If so, those much-loved goodies are better suited for a yard sale.
- We adore the brands sold in our store, but we're also eager for popular brands favored by outdoor enthusiasts.
- We determine the value of an item by considering condition, desirability, our inventory stock, and current retail price.
This is How Consignment Works
- Remember the "funky" chat above? Please make sure any consignment items are laundered and clean before dropping them by.
- Take a look at what we are and are not accepting before you consign; that list is fluid and an included item one month may disappear the next, for number of different reasons.
- We work with you to find an agreeable selling price and you receive 60% of that value when your item sells.
- We reserve the right to decline used equipment for consignment for various reasons (condition, desirability, etc) and we cannot guarantee that your items will land in our consignment shop.
- If your item sells (yay!!) and you decide you'd like to spend that money in the shop right then and there, we'll bump the payout by 10% in store credit! The only caveat is, you must spend a store credit payout in full right then and there.
This is How Cash Works
- We offer cash for items at a 50% value, or 10% less than when you consign.
- We're going to be a wee bit more selective when accepting and appraising items for cash. In addition, not all items we would happily consign will be eligible for the cash option. To wit, that gear should be in reasonably good shape to qualify for the greenbacks.
- Once again, if you decide to use that dough in store right then and there, we'll top you off with an additional 10% because you'll essentially be taking advantage of store credit!
We DO NOT consign any of the following items:
- Carabiners and quickdraws
- Climbing gear predominantly made of nylon or webbing, such as ropes, harnesses, or slings
- Alpine / downhill / non-touring capable boots and skis
- Snowboards and snowboard boots not meant for touring (we're always hungry for splitboards and split accessories)
- Avalanche airbag packs and compressed air canisters for same
- On your initial visit, please bring along a driver's license or other form of government-issued identification. We simply cannot complete a consignment agreement without it.
- You'll agree to leave your item(s) on consignment for eight weeks.
- If the item(s) sell, you'll have two options for payment:
- We cut and mail consignment checks the first week of every month. It'll be a nice day to check the mailbox because you'll receive 60% of the sale price of the item(s), less a 50 cent mailing fee.
- Store Credit pays an additional 10% above the check payout value and may be used before the check is mailed. Checks may also be brought back to the store and used for store credit at any time. If you want that extra 10%, however, don't cash that check before dropping back by the shop!
- Want to know the state of your gear? For account status updates, log into the “Consignor Access” portal online: http://wildernessx.consignoraccess.com
- Any item(s) found to be materially defective and/or unsellable will be removed at the discretion of WildyX, marked as damaged, and returned to you.
- If the item(s) has not sold after eight weeks, or the item(s) is deemed unsellable, WildyX will contact you once via email. You'll then have two weeks to pick up your unsold item(s). After those two weeks the item(s) will be donated to the non-profit, charity, or organization of our choice.
- Any and all consignment requests (price change, extended hold on expired items, etc) MUST be emailed to the consignment manager at [email protected]
Currently ACCEPTING consignment items from the following categories:
- Backcountry ski gear: Modern skis with modern AT or telemark bindings and boots
- Lightweight ski mountaineering skis with bindings
- Women's and men's winter apparel
- Ski boots
- Splitboards and attendant gear
- Ski packs
- Ski poles
- Ski jackets and pants
- Technical ice tools
- Technical climbing traditional protection (not predominantly made of fabric)
- Traction devices for footwear (Micro Spikes, etc)
- Women's and men's heavy winter apparel
- Mountaineering boots
- Insulated snow boots
- General Winter season apparel and gear
**Once again, all apparel MUST be laundered before consigning; WEU will not accept dirty, funky, or stained items for consignment.
Currently NOT ACCEPTING consignment items from the following categories:
- Mountaineering axes
- Trekking poles
- Spring/Summer technical outdoor apparel: Light insulation, hiking pants, shirts, etc
- Lifestyle apparel
- Sleeping bags over a 10ºF rating
- Sleeping pads
- 2 and 3-season tents
- Multi-day backpacking packs
- External frame backpacks
- Technical climbing packs and crag packs
- Backpacking stoves
- Camping accessories
- Climbing shoes
- Fabric-based climbing gear (nylon-based) and carabiners/quickdraws
- Avalanche airbag packs and canisters
- Resort skis and snowboards
You can reach the store at (303)964-0708 or the consignment manager at [email protected] with any questions before coming in. We highly recommend calling if you are uncertain that your item qualifies for consignment or if you are making a special trip down to Denver. We cannot give appraisals over the phone or guarantee we will take an item.
Examples of brands we do not take for consignment includes, but is not limited to:
32 Degrees WP, Abercrombie & Fitch, Adidas, Adventure Forever, Aeropostale, Apt. 9, Arizona, Asics, Athleta, Avalanche, Bass, BCG, Billabong, C9, Calvin Klein, CB Sports, Clarks, Champion, Coleman, Danskin, Dickies, Dockers, Eddie Bauer (First Ascent is OK), Empyre, Fabletics, Fila, Free Country, Free People, Gap, Gerry, Hurley, Izod, Jansport, J. Crew, Kirkland, Land's End, Levi's, L.L. Bean, Mossimo, New Balance, Nike, OshKosh, Ozark Trail, Reebok, Roxy, Skechers, Snozu, Sonoma, Starter, St. John's Bay, Tek Gear, Timberland, Tommy Bahama, Uniqlo, Union Bay, Urban Pipeline, Volcom, White Sierra, Wilson, Wrangler.
Thank you for choosing to consign with Wilderness Exchange! It is the heartbeat of our ethos and the heritage of our shop!