CAMP-USA Cassin Blade Runner Crampons
Camp presents a bunch of innovative features in the new Blade Runner crampon for technical ice. It conforms to modern-boot ergonomics and increases rigidity along the entire length of the crampon without decreasing dexterity or compromising fit. It also adapts to alpine conditions with a variety of front points and toe bail configurations, and naturally reduces balling with its inverted V-shaped front platform.
The heel slide on the Blade Runner integrates the linking bar with the heel piece for better torsional rigidity, so you get the power and stability of vertical frame crampons with the precision and easy adjustments of horizontal frame designs. The entire heel slide is constructed from Sandvik Nanoflex stainless steel, so the frame thickness was reduced from 2.75 mm to 1.8 mm. It's stronger yet weighs less, and you get the right amount of longitudinal flexibility for a precise fit on modern boots with more extreme rocker.
The Blade Runner's front platform is constructed from traditional chromoly steel alloy to absorb impact energy and maintain solid underfoot rigidity. No connection joints leaves little room for play and reduces much of the flex that can make crampons seem less secure on technical terrain.
The Blade Runner's front points work with the secondary points on the main frame for easy penetration and stronghold — even in the most fickle conditions. Switching the front points between dual and mono, centered or offset is easy with the hook and notch system on the rear contact point.
- The most versatile technical ice crampons on the market
- Heel slide design integrates the benefits of vertical and horizontal frame crampon designs
- Interchangeable front points are easy to switch from dual to mono, centered or offset
- Optional snow points (sold separately) optimize the crampons for alpine terrain
- V-shaped chromoly steel front platform offers high rigidity and reduces balling
- Heel slide is constructed from proprietary Sandvik Nanoflexsteel for the optimal blend of strength, flex and lightweight
- Asymmetric design follows the contours of modern boots to ensure a more precise fit
- Semi-automatic toe bails (sold separately) allow for use on boots without rigid toe lugs
- Anti-balling plates included
- Crampon case included
- Available in two sizes for optimal boot fit compatibility
- Steel Linking Bars sold separately if needed for larger boots
|Points||13 or 14|
|Binding||Auto or Semi-automatic|
Sandvik Nanoflex Steel
|Weight||Size 1 -1015 g / 35.8 oz
Size 2 -1030 g / 36.3 oz
|Size 1||European 37-46|
|Size 2||European 40-49|