Career Opportunities at WildyX!
Position Available: Retail Store Manager
Wilderness Exchange Unlimited, Denver's premier independent outdoor specialty shop and online retailer, is looking for an experienced leader to manage our 6200 sq. ft. retail store. Founded in 2000, our mission is to serve the Front Range climbing, mountaineering, backpacking, backcountry skiing and split-boarding community with the highest level of customer service, the deepest selection of technical gear, and the best deals to be found on outdoor equipment anywhere. As the Store Manager, you will ensure that the experience of every customer and employee in the shop reflects our values: to exceed customers' expectations in every way, to create a positive and rewarding work environment that values both individual excellence as well as teamwork, to stoke the passion at the heart of the outdoor culture and lifestyle, and to work in every way toward the profitability and continued success of the business.
What we do:
By combining the best elements of a traditional locally-owned mountaineering shop, a consignment shop, and a curated factory outlet of off-priced technical apparel and gear, we have created a unique and enduring retail business model. The brick and mortar and online businesses are integrated, delivering a brand message that is consistent through all channels. We create an in-store experience that cannot be replicated online and add value to our customers' experience beyond the transaction by connecting them with the mountain sports culture and community. We are located at the foot of the Rockies, with world-class climbing and skiing within a day's outing, which allows our people ample time to pursue their outdoor passions and bring their experiences and love of the outdoors into the shop !
Skills and qualifications we seek in a Store Manager:
- A highly experienced outdoor industry professional with a proven track record
- minimum 3 years required, of successfully managing a team of 10 or more, ideally in a similar type of retail environment.
- In-depth first-hand knowledge and experience in mountain sports including climbing and backcountry skiing. Current and extensive product knowledge of the gear we sell. An intimate understanding of the outdoor culture and lifestyle.
- Experience and proficiency with POS systems, a command of technology at the modern standard, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-starter and a natural leader who understand the nuances of organizational dynamics and how to motivate people effectively. A mentor for the staff in their professional growth.
- A mastery of sales, merchandising, and retail fundamentals
- a passion for the retail sales floor.
- A high-level understanding of retail business metrics, ability to adeptly manage payroll and expenses, and competency in POS sales data and reporting.
Please submit a work and outdoor resume to [email protected] and [email protected] if you think you are a good fit for this position. Wilderness Exchange is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive wages and benefits. Starting salary is commensurate with experience.