Career Opportunities at WildyX!
Wilderness Exchange is currently hiring for the following positions:
Position Available: Sales Associate
Full/Part Time: Full Time or Part Time
Pay Rate : $18.30/hr
Job Description & Responsibilities:
We are specialfically looking for applicants with outdoor climbing experience.
The Wilderness Exchange mission is to make the outdoors more affordable and accessible. We serve the Front Range outdoor community with the highest level of customer service, the best selection of technical gear, and the greatest deals on outdoor equipment! Ideally, we’d be stoked on a candidate that has previous outdoor retail experience, but as long as you have a passion for the outdoor culture and lifestyle, and an abnormally high level of psych for getting folks the gear they need, then you’d likely be a good fit. Wilderness Exchange welcomes ALL qualified applicants. We encourage and strive for diversity, equity, and inclusion amongst our team, our outdoor community, and the Outdoor Industry.
We are a small company, and as a result, you may find yourself working on a medley of different tasks throughout the day. We try to create a fun and safe working environment, where our staff feel comfortable, appreciated, and that their opinions are valued.
Sales Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sales and customer service
- Having fun conversations with customers
- Restocking and merchandising
- Fitting customers for packs, footwear, climbing shoes, ski boots, etc.
- Picking web orders with accuracy
- Making funny signs
- Appraising gear for consignment
- Answering phones and fielding customer questions
- Stickering and security tagging product, and some other admittedly boring stuff
- But, most importantly - getting people STOKED on getting outside!
Some base knowledge of the categories that we sell is required, and semi-expert knowledge of at least one of the categories is preferred. Our categories include, but are not limited to: Climbing, Backpacking, Technical Apparel, Footwear, and Backcountry Skiing.
Other Job Requirements:
- Previous retail experience
- Must have experience in backcountry skiing or rock climbing
- Must be psyched on the things we sell
- Must be able to work weekends
- Good sense of humor is preferred, but not required
As a growing business, there are great opportunities for professional growth and advancement for those desiring a career in the outdoor industry. We always promote from within whenever possible and try to find unique ways to improve the professional skills of our staff.
Benefits Include, but are not limited to:
- Health Care for Full-Time Staff
- PTO for Full Time Staff
- Paid sick leave for all staff
- 4-Day work week (so that you have time to play outside)
- Pro-Deals and discounts on gear
- Opportunities to win FREE gear
- Always have a climbing/skiing partner
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please send a professional resume and an outdoor resume to the following hiring managers:
Jeff Keele - [email protected]