Petzl Ange L Carabiner
Ange carabiners open and close smoothly with Petzl's MonoFil Keylock system, which uses a spring mechanism similar to that found in standard-gate carabiners but lasts twice as long. A straight nose optimizes clipping and unclipping, and the deflector works with the shape of the biner to allow proper positioning on the biner's major axis.
Contact surfaces are designed to extend the life of the carabiner and limit rope wear, and a positioning indent helps keep the rope where it's supposed to be. That's a lot of thought and design that went into this little piece of gear so your multi-pitch and alpine routes can be executed with perfection.
- At only 34 grams, it is ideal for reducing weight
- MonoFil Keylock ensures smoother gate operation and longer lifetime
- H-profile allows an optimal size and strength-to-weight ratio
- Indent on the bottom helps keep rope in place
- Wider rope contact surfaces reduce wear and help rope passage
- Nose of the carabiner has a hole that allows ice, snow or dirt to be cleared out
- The deflector works with the shape of the carabiner to allow proper positioning of the carabiner on its major axis
|Closed Gate Strength, major axis||22 kN|
|Open Gate Strength||10 kN|
|Minor Axis Strength||7 kN|
|Gate Opening||26 mm|