Petzl Reverso 4 Belay Device
How could they have made it better? Well it's lighter of course — 25% lighter than No. 3, in fact. So it weighs 59 grams.
The Petzl Reverso 4 is the fourth generation of the multi-purpose belay/rappel device that revolutionized the genre by trimming the fat and using asymmetric V-shaped grooves that vary friction on the rope. This little chunk of metal can belay the leader, one or two seconding climbers and then be used to rappel. As always, it's a versatile piece of gear that's been copied many times over.
Main photo is Apple Green.
- Minimalist construction of hot-forged aluminum
- Works with single, half and double ropes
- Can be used to belay a leader, one or two seconds, and used for rappelling
- Independant or simultaneos belaying of two seconds when in Reverso Mode
- Carabiner hole to release device when loaded in Reverso mode: allows the loaded device to be easily and gradually released with only a carabiner
- ARC technology adapts to the diameter of the rope with increased or decreased friction
- Asymmetrical grooved sidewalls decrease friction when taking in slack
- Rope friendly design separates twin/half ropes when belaying/rappeling while providing effective braking strength on half/twins down to 7.5 mm
- Will not kink or twist rope regardless of which mode it is used in
- Stiff keeper cable
- Usage diagram on side
|Material||Hot forged Aluminum 6082|
|Fits Rope|| Half 7.5 - 11 mm
Twin 7.5 - 11 mm