AUGUST 10, 2020 - UPDATED STORE HOURS AND CONSIGNMENT INTAKE
New Store Hours:
Monday-Friday, 11am - 7pm
Saturday-Sunday, 11am - 6pm
Monday-Friday, 1pm - 4pm
Please see the Consignment Page for the most up to date info on our consignment program.
MAY 15TH, 2020 - WILDERNESS EXCHANGE RETAIL STORE IS OPEN!
Dear Customers and Friends,
It is our great pleasure to announce that Wilderness Exchange will be re-opening to customer traffic starting on Friday, May 15th! Our hours will be 11am-6pm every day. We will still be offering our lobby pickup option as well - order online or over the phone, order will be ready for pickup in 2 hours. Order must be placed by 4pm for same day pickup.
In order to protect the health and safety of our staff and our guests, we will the following shopping policies and guidelines in place:
- Store hours will be 11am to 6pm.
- Customers will now enter through the building main lobby (on Platte St.) and our front door will serve as an exit ONLY. Staff will be stationed at this entrance to track occupancy and answer any questions you may have.
- We will limit the number of customers allowed in the store at any one time. Our aisles have been configured for one-way traffic and enough space to allow 6’ social distancing in the shop at all times.
- We will be requiring you to wear a face covering if you wish to shop with us, as per City of Denver and our building guidelines.
- Hand sanitizing station will be provided for customers at entrance and exit and in all departments requiring touch and try on of product.
- We will conduct daily monitoring of staff temperatures and require anyone with symptoms not to report to work.
- Staff will be wearing masks all the time and gloves when appropriate.
- We will be practicing a heightened level of cleaning and sanitation measures on all contact surfaces and we will provide hand sanitizer for guests.
- No cash will be accepted until further notice. We have implemented a contactless payment solution.
- Pets will not be allowed in the store until further notice.
- We will not be accepting any consignment items during our initial phase of reopening. We are hoping to resume consignment intake in early June - TBD.
- We will not be renting any equipment during the initial phase of reopening. We are hopeing to resume rentals in early June - TBD.
We are so stoked to see everyone in the store again, thank you all for the love and support through these strange times!
Come visit us!
The WildyX Team
MAY 9TH, 2020 - OPEN FOR LOBBY PICKUP!
Dear Customers and Friends,
2020 marks the twenty-year anniversary of Wilderness Exchange. We thought we would be closing the shop for two days for a staff camping and climbing trip to celebrate; little did we know that we would be closing the shop for two months due to the pandemic. This has been like nothing we’ve ever seen, and we miss doing what we love in the outdoors and sharing stories and adventures with our community more than words can say. For everyone who has supported us though these years, and especially through these past several difficult months, THANK YOU!
As we consider how to reopen the shop, we will only do so with a “people-first” approach that values the health and safety of our customers and staff above all other concerns. This is what we are doing to achieve that goal:
- Starting May 9th, we will offer lobby pick up from 11-6 pm for orders placed online or by phone at 303-964-0708. We will guarantee that our customers’ orders will be ready within two hours or less if placed by 4 pm. We will continue this service for the foreseeable future.
- We will be practicing a heightened level of cleaning and sanitation measures in the pick up area and in handling your order including the wearing of masks and gloves and continual cleaning of all contact surfaces. We will conduct daily monitoring of staff temperatures and require anyone with symptoms to not report to work. We will comply with the Colorado Public Health Order and the recommendations of public health officials in all of our operations.
- We will launch "virtual gear shop", where our staff will use video conferencing tools to allow customers a full gear shop experience and one on one gear consulting. Call 303-964-0708 during store hours, and we’ll drop you a Zoom or Google Meet invite.
- Beginning May 15, we will allow limited public access to the store. Our safety measures will include: limiting customers to no more than 10 at a time, defining directional lanes and areas with 6’ social distancing, defining a dedicated entrance and exit, providing sanitation stations and heightened cleaning protocols, installing sneeze shields at the registers, and implementing a contactless payment solution.
This crisis has tested all of us, and we believe that we will get through this the way we went into it- as a community that finds purpose and meaning in interacting with our wild places and open spaces. The wilderness will be the place where we reconnect with what is so important to all of us, and we plan on being there with you every step of the way!
Founder and President