Petzl Ascension Ascender
The Ascension is the benchmark for handled ascenders. The ergonomically shaped grip is over-molded with rubber for greater friction and is wider at the bottom, providing better comfort for your hand during use. The large index finger indent offers great efficiency when pulling on the ascender. The trigger to open/close the cam is recessed inside the frame to avoid accidentally opening the cam while in use.
The cam has been redesigned to minimize friction when sliding the ascender along the rope, while the angled teeth provide secure grip in the worst conditions (on wet, icy or muddy ropes). The geometry of the single-piece aluminum frame ensures optimal handle orientation when the device is loaded, and solid, comfortable performance even after years of heavy use.
- Molded grip provides comfort with an ergonomically shaped handle
- Chrome-plated steel cam with angled teeth and self-cleaning slot
- Mono-frame construction eliminates weaknesses and keeps the ascender lightweight and durable for years of use
- Multiple attachment points allow for different uses (e.g. self-belaying, haul systems,etc.)
- Anodized frames are color-coded for easy identification (black-left/ gray-right)
- Safety catch prevents the cam from opening too far, thus keeping the rope captured for added safety
- 1cm secondary hole at the bottom will accommodate a screw link for attaching aiders, slings,etc.
|Weight||6.9 oz / 195 g|
|Fits Rope||8 - 13 mm|
|Materials||Aluminum frame, chrome-plated steel cam, rubber over-molded plastic grip, nylon catch|
|Color (left)||Black frame with orange|
|Color (right)||Gray frame with orange handle|